Thursday 20 May 2010

Down the memory lane....My Delhi Home...a few snapshots!!!

You may call it  'An Orange Home',  'A Traveller's Canvas' or 'An Ethnic Indian Nest'....whatever may be, but it is just like that!
WELCOME to my Delhi home.


..for colours and warmth..




my favourite corner..with a good book and a hot cuppa.


Late night Chai-ki-adda..a weekend moment.


Are you lokking for some 'Ethnic Indian Inspiration(s)' ?


..and a Diwali moment.


Colours of India.


 Those  Delhi days! Those lovely and lively, colour full, vibrant days. Till now I can feel the warmth...and miss it terribly at the same time.


Long long drives to Rajasthan,Gujarat, Himachal, Punjab.....the NH8 drive, road side dhabas...'makki-di-roti or sarsho-da-shag' , sarsho-ki kheti, matki ki pani, mitha lassi...Diwali-Lohri-Holi....Rajpath-Janpath-GK-CP....those dusty crazy summers...lovely-flowery-chilly winters....all those fairs, a stroll through 'Dilli Haat', it's so nostalgic...








All pictures are photographed  by me and copyrighted. Please, do not reuse them without my written permission. Thanks.


All Rights Reserved 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here... finally! You've got a fabulous... and gorgeous home... some of the ideas on your blog.. are awesome!! Thanks for sharing these lovely pics..

Anonymous said...

Lovely and gorgeous home. Very tastefully done indeed.

Shampa

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Thanks a ton Shampa :-)
Want to see you here more often..

Regards
Sanghamitra.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Thanks a million Patricia for your lovely comment..
It's indeed my pleasure to see you here :-)
Let's keep in touch.

Tkanks and regards
Sanghamitra.

Rekha said...

HI Sanghamitra, Thanks for accepting our offer. All you have to do is mail in the pictures at thekeybunch@gmail.com with any info related to that pic and we'll be glad to put up a post.
Cheers
Rekha

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Hi Rekha,
Thanks a ton for the offer:-)
Will mail all those pics and infos very soon...

Warm regards
Sanghamitra.

Sharon said...

Hi Sanghamitra, These images are lovely. Thanks for your comments on The Keybunch!

Sharon

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Thanks a ton Sharon for your lovely comment:-)

PreeOccupied said...

I am a Delhi girl too, know exactly what you are talking about. Love the cushions and pillows thrown in. Reminds me of my home in Delhi. :-(

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Yes Pree, Delhi is Delhi...with all it's KHUSHBU :-)

Thanks for dropi'n by and for all your lovely comments.
Let's keep in touch.

Regards
Sanghamitra.

Alycia Nichols said...

I've been browsing through several of your recent posts, and I just love all the wonderful color used in your home! It just looks like a happy yet peaceful place! As an avid traveler I am sure you have seen much and can draw from those experiences as you decorate. That is so cool!!!!!! You have inspired me to attempt a tablescape that honors India. Maybe I'll get the nerve to try it someday soon! :-) Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks again for visiting my blog!

Priyam said...

Beautiful home Sanghamitra. I love all the colors..so warm and colorful. I have quiet a few pieces from India in my house too. Thanks for stopping by earlier today at my blog.
I am your newest follower.

-Priyam @ http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails