Sunday 31 October 2010

'HAND FAN Love'....my no fuss DIY projects...

Design is all about an open mind and recognising the beauty in opportunities...do you agree?...Well..! I think, now-a-days a big part of decor is all about 'Reduce-Reuse-Recycle'....which is chic and Eco-friendly at the same time.....it's all about to embrace nature, colour and vintage....here comes the DIY concept!! Through this projects we can easily develop our own signature style :)....So, here is my first DIY project...very simple,easy, fuss less yet Eco-friendly :)

   DIY Project 1

When you are talking about 'Traditional Hand Fans'....I'm absolutely there:)...I have a weakness for them from my childhood days..and I love collecting them !!  The other day when I was cleaning my store room got this one!....Oh noooo!....a broken, old, discoloured stuff !!....





A typical Indian (Bengal) hand fan...Tal-Patar Pakha (a hand fan made out of palm leaf)...a very old one and frankly  speaking the condition was not too good !:(...
But please don't forget that at the end it was a 'hand fan'...so, I decided not to waste a single moment....my creative brain (oops!..well whatever little creativity I have!!?:)) whispered...'just go on my gal'....and finally am here....!!!..









The tiniest change makes the difference...and this is the beauty in opportunities..!!:)


   DIY Project 2


This traditional sandalwood Chinese/ Japanese hand fans are very common here in South-East Asia...



I had three of them....two I've kept intact.....the third one got some special touch..and here it goes:









                                           .....taadaa..:)



My 'Hand fan Love'.....and a  collage :)...



Isn't it colourful??...By now, all of  you  know my love for colours in home decor...I feel the colours make a home cozy and vibrant!...and you have to be a little adventurous ...one should apply the right colour at the right place...It's all about adding a little element of glamour!!:)...


My DIY project!....the colourful Chinese hand fan!!...now it's standing on a mirror at my entryway....a red silk Vail atop the mirror is holding this little fan...!!:)


This cute Vietnamese doll is an old  purchase from  Ho Chi Minh City...a very special gift from DH :)...These two red tea cups are part of a Chinese tea set from Beijing :)...




I have used simple acrylic colours(in both the cases)...first a base paint coat (lemon yellow in these cases)...then you can apply different shades of colours in different patterns according to your choice....
In the first project for the frills I have used a red coloured piece of cloth...since in Bengal the traditional hand fans are used to have red coloured frills!!....At the end I have decorated it with silver chumkis and Karis (Kori).....a typical Bengali decor idea !






 A Collage...:)















Always, I love to embrace colour, vintage and nature for my home and the rest is fun!:)...
So, my lovelies ...did you like my DIY projects??..It's all about Recycle and Reuse...!!!.. Isn't it very satisfying to get the inspiration out of your own head and seeing the net physical result...??!!
Waiting for your suggestions.....!! Please feel free to drop your comments...would love to hear from you as always :)



Wish You All A Very Happy Upcoming Diwali :)


Linking:





14 comments:

Sound Horn Please said...

Both of them look absolutely gorgeous!

Rekha said...

That was one awesome idea, loved the way you have played with the right colors...looks like I am going to take some inspiration from here for the diwali decor..

Purnima@a creative project said...

wow..beautiful DIY projects!! Luv it!! The Bengali style fan is absolutely stunning!!!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

SHP, Purnima, Rekha~ thank you girls :)

padmaja said...

Very beautifully done, I think you worked out quite a lot of details to bring the charm out in them..I felt nostalgic for my grand fathers hand fan :-)

Rama Ananth said...

Well, what can I say, I am already your fan.
Your ideas are really good. Thanks.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Padmaja, Rama~ thanks for the compliments :)

And here we go again said...

Hey!

You have a lovely blog and i'm a regular reader.

I have a similar hand-fan, picked from one visit down south. loved the idea of painting it. Shall try to do the same.

Chitra

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Chitra:)..It's good to know that you liked the idea...
Wish you a very happy Diwali :)

Roshni said...

awesome!! Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do just this with some shaal-paatar pankha!!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

@Roshni~Welcome to RAINBOW!...Thanks a bunch for all your compliments!...Loved your blog too :)

Tanusri Mukherjee said...

Hi Sanghamitra

I am really an ardent fan of ur blog. Your imagination knows no bounds. The taal patar haathpaka was just beautiful. Keep up the good work and please do post some more of your DY.

Anonymous said...

"Recycle and reuse" - what a lovely picturesque post. Loved it! Try submitting your blog posts to www.indli.com (Links India Likes) to benefit many viewers.

Amen Pawar-LaRosa said...

Hi there,

I just found your blog. I really love your ideas. I am a wedding planner in Miami, FL. I am about to put up a post on my Facebook page about clever ways to keep your guests cool during an outdoor summer ceremony. My post includes ideas for providing customized Indian hand-fans for guests. I would love to be able to source your blog for brides to get DIY ideas. Would you be OK with me referencing you? My name is Amen Pawar-LaRosa. You can check me out on FB and twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails